More than a trendy new channel to add to your marketing mix, Social Media is the evolution of something truly remarkable. It takes the oldest communication channel in the world – word of mouth – and supercharges it with unprecedented speed, mass individualized reach, and a wealth of third-party endorsement credibility.
People are bombarded by as many as TEN THOUSAND messages each day. Which means EVERYONE and EVERYTHING that is competing for your customers’ time and attention is your brand’s competition. Here’s the cold truth from your friends at Plan B: Your customers are busy and care a whole lot more about themselves than your brand, products or services. To get them to actually pay attention, you need to give them a reason via compelling, original content that piques their curiosity, tickles their funny bone or blows their mind.
To successfully cut through all the noise on social media and build a two-way relationship with consumers to grow your audience, your content has to be specific, relevant, and emotional. So, how do we help brands build strong, two-way connections on social media? We tap into the psychology of your customers and utilize social media to fulfill their needs through a mix of what we’ve identified as 5 influential types of emotional content.
Plan B has developed a simple framework to leverage your unique brand essence for content creation and then supercharge it by harnessing the world’s oldest communication channel – word of mouth – via social media.
Assess & Analyze
Establish Your Foundations
- Social Media Governance Model
- Social Media Control Room
- Identify Brand Essence, Brand Personality & Customer Needs
Identify Your Target and Goals
- Define Ideal Customer(s)
- Rank Overall Business Goals
- Define Content Marketing Mission Statement
Conduct & Configure
Conduct A Social Audit
- Audit Existing Content Assets
- Identify Best Social Channels for Brand
- Use Social Listening to Analyze Competitors
- Establish Benchmarks
Develop Content Strategy & Calendar
- Conduct SWOT Analysis
- Establish S.M.A.R.T. Social Objectives
- Establish Content & Channel Strategy
- Develop Content Calendar
- Develop Customer Service Plan of Action
Utilize & Optimize
- Publish Channel-Optimized Content
- Actively Interact with Followers
- Build Engaged Social Community
Measure, Analyze & Adjust
- Measure Content Performance
- Analyze Channel Activity
- Deliver Data Reports
- Recommend Optimizations to Ensure That Business Objectives are Met
IDENTIFY YOUR IDEAL GOVERNANCE MODEL
Whether you have a small, large, or non-existent marketing team, Plan B can help you identify your ideal governance model to help set and maintain your marketing goals.
One team is responsible for social media marketing and drives daily management of brand content on various social platforms.
There is a very small or nonexistent centralized social media marketing team.
There are both global and local social media marketing teams, and each is responsible for a core set of activities.