Australian drinking water solutions company Zip Water was entering the U.S. market, where it had zero brand awareness for its groundbreaking product – The HydroTap. Billed as The World’s Most Advanced Drinking Water System capable of dispensing boiling, chilled and sparkling water from a single tap, the HydroTap was initially launching only in markets where Zip Water had secured distribution. With a limited budget, Zip tapped Plan B to raise brand awareness and generate excitement about the product amongst its three target audiences: 1) Wealthy, high-end homeowners, 2) Interior designers & homebuilders, and 3) Luxury kitchen product showroom managers.
Instagram had emerged as the go-to social destination for all three of Zip Water’s target audiences, offering an opportunity to connect more intimately with each segment and educate them about the features and benefits of the HydroTap. Facebook, meanwhile, offered a wide paid advertising reach in order to generate brand and product awareness amongst the targets.
INSTAGRAM = THE GO-TO FOR ALL 3 TARGET AUDIENCES
Plan B devised an organic social strategy focused on the content pillar of Utility (informational content about the brand itself). We developed an array of educational and stylish posts with a strong brand voice and clear, consistent messaging to explain the HydroTap’s unique features, benefits, and uses to appeal to all three target audiences. On the paid side, Facebook ads were leveraged to grow brand awareness in regions with initial product availability, and our team established promotional relationships with three high-end home Instagram influencers in key target markets whose total combined social audience was more than 1 million followers.
- Organically hit 1,853 Instagram followers in Year 1 after starting from zero. In Year 2, organic Instagram followers hit 4,884 and impressions increased by 450%.
- Recorded more than 30 million Facebook impressions in Years 1 & 2.
- Secured 4 earned media mentions in Years 1 & 2.
- Developed a robust and posh social community that balances the elegance of high-end kitchen design, excitement about the HydroTap’s groundbreaking features, and educational content about the product’s many uses and benefits.
- Social media growth and awareness helped power Zip Water to significantly exceed its sales goals during the first two years in the U.S. market.