Our fast-flying, high-powered creative department has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and versatile copywriter to help us wax poetic (and strategic!) on a wide variety of writing assignments across an equally wide range of industries — both B2C and B2B. If you’re looking for an opportunity to have more fun while having more of an impact on more client businesses, this could be the freelance (or permanent!) role for you.
Our Copywriter is a highly reliable, go-to member of the creative team…actively collaborating with account leads and art directors in creating strategic marketing communications of all kinds. From supercars to senior living, luxury appliances to health care and performance tires…you’ll be doing it all. Brand concepts, email campaigns, collateral copy, websites and landing pages, video scripts…you name it. APPLICANT TIP: If you already have automotive experience, that’s a big plus in our book.
In addition to crafting highly impactful and effective copy, the Copywriter also comes up with smart, insight-driven ad and campaign concepts, manages/reviews the work of interns, proofs work on the way out the door, supports the account team on client calls and in presentations when required, and demonstrates a willingness to engage in constructive debate about creative ideas and how to best address a client’s challenge.
If you’re tired of phoning in the same old copy assignments day after day and want to challenge yourself in a fast-paced and fun environment where hard work and initiative are rewarded, show us what you got and let’s connect!
- Minimum of several years professional copywriting experience in an agency environment
- Exceptional command of the English language and a stickler for the rules of Grammar (syntax, style, punctuation, and publishing standards)
- B2B and B2C copywriting experience a must (and samples to prove it!)
- Automotive industry experience (or passion!) strongly preferred
- Good understanding of fundamental advertising and marketing principles
- Ability to pick up and emulate different brand tones/voices quickly and generate solid working drafts
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, independently managing own schedule, and reliably delivering strong work on time
- A well-worded portfolio reflecting short and long copy assignment work
- Willingness to engage in constructive debate about client needs and possible solutions
- Generate copy and concepts for projects/campaigns to meet strategic marketing objectives
- Attend creative input meetings with account teams and/or clients when required
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team of creative professionals to consistently produce impactful copy that is on-brand and on-strategy
- Work closely with account/creative leads, helping the agency sell its best thinking to clients
- Sell creative copy/concepts internally (and to clients when requested)
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Develop strategic creative concepts that are in-line with current media trends
- Reviews creative work, taking consistency of messaging, strategic accuracy and adherence to client goals and brand guidelines into account
- Manages multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meets deadlines and stays within budget constraints
MUST WORK ON-SITE. Interested copywriting professionals in the Chicago area who meet the above requirements, and who have the credentials and work to back up their candidacy, should send a brief cover note, resume and portfolio to Copywriter2021@thisisplanb.com or fill out the form below.