Are You a Passionate Web Developer Looking For Your Next Big Challenge?
Plan B [the agency alternative] is seeking a talented Web Developer to help us manage a growing variety of digital development needs–coding responsive and mobile-friendly emails, landing pages and full-fledged websites. You’ll be supporting our digital team in executing a wide range of digital initiatives on an ongoing, project-based basis. So if you thrive on variety and are looking for a fun, rewarding way to put your skills to the test, come become an invaluable extension of our exceptional development team and let’s get growing!
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of hands-on web development experience
- Must have demonstrated experience building responsive, cross-browser compatible websites
- Must have demonstrated experience building WordPress websites and developing custom themes
- Experience with using Photoshop and/or Sketch layouts to build custom websites
- Experience with version control (GIT, Subversion)
- Experience building custom HTML emails
- A core understanding of industry best practices across digital channels
- Proven ability to manage multiple, on-going timelines, as well as daily rush asks
- Flexibility to adapt to design requirement changes
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Custom WordPress plugin development is a plus
- Experience with PHP frameworks, such as CodeIgniter, is a plus
- Experience with Cordova/PhoneGap is a plus
- Experience with API Integration is a plus
- Experience with Magento is a plus
We are an extremely fast-paced creative agency with a diverse base of clients across industries, and we’re eager to bolster our digital capabilities with talented developers who aren’t afraid of a challenge, and who are eager to contribute in an environment where exceptional is the rule.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for valuable growth experience, executing a variety of fun project work as a highly valued extension of our agency’s high-powered creative department. This engagement will likely begin as a remote working relationship, however may offer the opportunity to work on-site in our collaborative River North loft space at some point in the future. For that reason, local candidates are preferred.
Interested? Send your resume, freelance rate/range, relevant references, and any examples of your work to Developers@thisisplanb.com. If applicable, please indicate which development responsibilities were yours, how long it took, and what you charged for the work.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL. Calling will signify that you can’t follow simple instructions. And if you can’t follow simple instructions, you’re doomed.