The Account Director is the organization’s eyes and ears at the client. It is critical to have a person who understands the client’s needs beyond just the initial project and looks deeper at the partnership they have with us. This person takes a leadership role in strategy creation and development to make sure that the strategy maps back to the client’s goals and the organization’s goals. The Account Director is a proactive and effective partner across all the functional teams with the ability to champion ideas, inspire great work and effectively articulate the organization’s Point-of- View to the client. This person has a minimum of 6 years of agency experience working on B2B accounts.
Reports to the Account Group Director.
Business Acumen/Strategic Agility
- Leadership of project teams to set client’s strategy direction and strategic planning for market strategy
- Oversees development of comprehensive marketing analyses, presentations, and the writing of briefs and POVs
- Sees the client business holistically and identifies out-of-the box ideas and opportunities
- Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
Drive for Results/Action Oriented
- Owns the crucial ability to reactively address and remedy current as well as unanticipated situations
- Exhibits a sense of urgency to address client issues
- Can clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Builds trust and maintains strong senior-level client relationships that ensure client will accept our best ideas
- Understands the client’s goals and priorities and acts as integrated team member
- Uses interpersonal savvy to rally resources to help bring long-term, strategic recommendations to life
- Big picture strategic thinking that brings people along to share vision and insights to drive big ideas and initiatives
- Rock-solid collaborative leadership skills that encourage team cooperation and motivate relationship-building
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion about the business – the client’s and ours!
- Self-Confidence in oral, written, strategic and analytical abilities
- An intellectual curiosity – stay on trend, connecting the dots, never complacent
- Exceptional writing skills — expertise in the development of tactical briefs for all assets and for media partnerships.
- Strong team management, mentorship and partnership abilities
- An integrated background with online/offline and production expertise