Are you dynamic leader capable of thinking on your feet while also managing an Account Service team in a highly agile, fast-paced environment? Then we want you
What do you really want from your job? More than just a paycheck—right? Maybe you want a hands-on opportunity to lead accounts and grow an account team, to deliver strategic marketing insights and develop strong bonds with clients, create CRM programs to acquire and retain customers, support key new business initiatives, and to work alongside a ridiculously-talented creative team. All at an agency where your overall sense of passion and purpose in life can really make a difference.
Maybe it’s time for Plan B, where “Exceptional is the Rule.”
We’re a progressive, full-service ad agency in River North with an opportunity for a Strategic Account Director with 7-10 years of creative agency experience. What our team needs now is a cool-headed, uber-organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that can serve as the client’s “go-to” strategic partner, and oversee a team that delivers projects on-time and on-budget, consistently exceeding client expectations.
As a Strategic Account Director in an agency that works across categories and verticals, no two days will be alike. You’ll need to be resourceful and possess a well-rounded understanding of today’s business, marketing, and digital landscapes in order to generate and sell creative solutions to our clients’ toughest challenges. You should possess an innate curiosity to work on virtually any business or brand that walks through our door in need of their own, “Plan B.” Sound like anyone you know?
We’re nimble by nature, and we’ve spoiled our clients by expediently producing great creative work time after time. You’ll start by diving into available data in order to deliver an analysis with the perfect combination of art and science – data and gut instinct – providing solid recommendations that build customer relationships and thrive in both offline and digital channels. You’ll collaborate closely with senior agency management, but will ultimately be responsible for the growth of your accounts and the development of account managers.
Advanced verbal, written and presentation communications skills are non-negotiable. You must be comfortable in front of C-suite audiences, adept at taking a supporting position and skilled at writing marketing plans and creative briefs alike.
So if you’re a savvy, diligent and detail-oriented leader who is capable of crafting a strong brand narrative and understands how digital experiences are changing the shape of marketing, we want to talk to you.
This role reports directly to the VP, Group Management Director and Director of Client Services, and supervises account supervisors/executives/coordinators.
Before banging that “apply now” button, please review the requirements below to see if you qualify. Nothing says, “I lack attention to detail” like applying for a job for which you are not qualified.
- Reviews client’s strategies and recommends improvements or proactive alternative solutions, along with campaign conceptual directions to ensure strategic marketing objectives remain in focus; develops strong relationships with senior client contacts
- Leads a team of account coordinators and managers, meeting with them on a regular basis to help prioritize and structure daily activities; evaluates account manager performance on an ongoing basis
- Reviews estimates and quotes and to ensure budget requirements are met and profitability maintained; monitors accounts receivable and credit-worthiness of accounts and ensures that financial management of accounts meets overall agency standards
- Reviews major media and public relations plans, and creative strategies before submission to clients
- Develops, tracks and reports on client success and campaign performance metrics and KPIs
- Seeks out new business opportunities and plays a leading role in their development
Qualifications & Requirements
- 7-10 years of ad agency experience required
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint or Keynote
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Digitally-savvy to guide and manage integrated digital programming
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to workflow, timeline and estimate development & managing account P/L
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through project/creative briefings and client presentations
- CRM strategy and program development experience, including knowledge and/or direct management of analytics tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Team player and ability to work well under pressure
- Performs or oversees competitive research and identifying potential untapped opportunities
- Experience in the automotive category will put you at the top of the list
If you qualify for this opportunity and are looking to grow in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-performance environment with plenty of career potential, complete the form below to apply!