Are you a gifted storyteller with the social media savvy to wrangle people online and make them feel like they’re part of something big? Do you have a knack for identifying the best social channels for a client’s marketing challenge and the strategic chops to develop a comprehensive solution to solve it? Do you have an eagle eye for identifying new or overlooked social media marketing opportunities and the passion to pitch your big ideas to clients and new biz prospects?
If the answer is “Hell, yeah,” well, then we want to hear from you.
Plan B is a fast-paced, full-service creative agency in River North serving clients across a swath of diverse industries ranging from cutting-edge home technology and interior design to automotive, casual apparel, healthy food delivery, luxury senior living, and more. We’re on the hunt for a talented Social Media Manager with a minimum of 3 years of experience in social media marketing for an agency or brand. The candidate must be able to see the big picture for the social media landscape and think strategically, but also be willing and able to roll up his or her sleeves to help our dynamic social media team implement programs for clients.
- Develop comprehensive social media strategies, defining programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase awareness, engagement, audience, and traffic for client brands and the agency
- Implement and oversee social media programs
- Ideate and experiment with new channels and ways to leverage social media for clients and the agency
- Monitor social media trends, tools, and applications, and apply knowledge to increasing client use of social media
- Engage with client marketing teams and new business prospects
- Strategize with and educate agency account and creative teams, as well as clients, on incorporating relevant social media techniques and practices into agency/corporate culture, products, and services
- Measure the impact of social media on all marketing efforts
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing strategy and managing social media for an agency or brand
- Excellent knowledge of established and emerging social media channels, as well as best practices for organic and paid social media marketing
- Experience creating and executing organic and paid social campaigns
- Experience with social media marketing and content platforms/tools, such as Sprout Social, Smartsheet, and WordPress
- Experience with social media analytics, measurement, and reporting
- Excellent writing and editing skills – a stickler for accuracy and details!
- Excellent multitasking and time-management skills
- Critical and creative thinker with problem-solving skills
- Great communicator and team player
WHY PLAN B?
Plan B is never boring. We’ve managed to maintain a flat organizational structure, an agile development style and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, even after 20 years in business. We work with both Fortune 500 companies and the innovative startups who move culture forward – so the work is rewarding, relevant and dialed into the exciting ambience of our connected world.
As a highly strategic creative boutique, we understand how game-changing, category-killing creative work emerges from powerful insights that are properly driven through complex multi-channel executions.
- Highly-Competitive Salary
- Equity/Profit-Sharing Program
- Liberal PTO Program (including summer hours)
- Continuing Education Support Opportunities
- Full Health Benefits
- Limited Matching Contributions to Any Non-profit of Your Choice
- Decent coffee
- Smart, fun, passionate, ass-busting colleagues
- We don’t do weekends (or many late nights)
We also recognize the critical difference today’s companies can (and must) make with regard to corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability. The values of conservation and efficiency have long been core to Plan B’s cultural and operational foundation, and are even more of a priority today in light of how much our world is changing.
In partnership, we work best with clients and vendors who share our passion for protecting the planet – companies whose operational and cultural priorities have shifted toward placing less value on GDP, and more value on GDH.
In practice, we are habitually seeking ways to do more with less, to reduce unnecessary waste and emissions, and to eagerly assist clients looking to promote their efforts to be responsible global citizens.
Plan B doesn’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.