WE WANT YOU … TO WANT US
This is no Cheap Trick: Plan B is on the hunt for a dynamic, rockstar creative leader with serious copywriting chops to help our inclusive, equitable, and sustainability-minded agency soar to even greater heights — and our talented band of creatives wants you … to want us.
WE WANT YOUR LEADERSHIP. The Group Creative Director (Copy) is responsible for the overall supervision of the agency’s creative department and product, both design and copy, but with an emphasis on the quality of the copy.
WE WANT YOUR STRATEGIC & CREATIVE VISION. The Group Creative Director (Copy) interfaces with the client, account teams, creative department, production department, and management team, and is responsible for taking strategic marketing plans and interpreting them into “big ideas” with a unique point of view.
WE WANT YOUR SAVVY MANAGEMENT SKILLS. The Group Creative Director (Copy) advises the Creative Directors regarding which creative team members to assign to which creative assignments. He/she works closely with creative staff to ensure quality results, fostering professional growth while working to bring everyone’s work to the highest standard possible.
WE WANT YOUR EYE FOR DETAIL. The Group Creative Director (Copy) ultimately approves all work before presentation to the client, reviewing it with account leaders and taking their requests into consideration. Most of all, the Group Creative Director (Copy) recognizes the importance of the creative product with regard to the future success of the agency and is a steward of excellence behind all work the agency produces.
WE WANT YOU … TO APPLY NOW!
- Directs the creative product, striving for excellence from concept to completion of every project.
- Provides insightful, groundbreaking, and/or original creative concepts as required for specific assignments.
- Produces director-level copy across client accounts as needed.
- Collaborates with account group to joint estimate projects, assign resources, and define scope/schedule.
- Works closely with account teams to solve marketing problems through smart advertising and best practices.
- Manages Creative department, Creative Directors, Creative Production Services and Freelance resources.
- Confirms delivery schedules with account teams and oversees assignment of jobs to creative team members.
- Oversees creative solutions produced by team and offers valuable input to elevate quality of creative product.
- Serves as client-facing representative of the agency and effectively “sells” creative at client presentations.
- Responsible for the selection and management of freelance services.
- Assists in screening and interviewing applicants for creative positions, hiring and terminating to ensure creative department is appropriately staffed.
- Actively promotes the agency’s growth and exposure via new business pitches, self-promotional efforts, and RFP response/proposal development.
- Maintains current working knowledge of computer-related skills, software, and programs to ensure entire creative department and staff remain on the leading edge of essential technology and skills.
- Makes recommendations to ensure profitability for the agency.
- Recommends hardware and software purchases to keep department current and efficient.
- Supports agency operations as a senior member of the agency’s management team.
WHY PLAN B?
Plan B is never boring. We’ve managed to maintain a flat organizational structure, an agile development style and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, even after 20 years in business. We work with both Fortune 500 companies and the innovative startups who move culture forward – so the work is rewarding, relevant and dialed into the exciting ambience of our connected world.
As a highly strategic creative boutique, we understand how game-changing, category-killing creative work emerges from powerful insights that are properly driven through complex multi-channel executions.
- Highly-Competitive Salary
- Equity/Profit-Sharing Program
- Liberal PTO Program (including summer hours)
- Continuing Education Support Opportunities
- Full Health Benefits
- Limited Matching Contributions to Any Non-profit of Your Choice
- Decent coffee
- Smart, fun, passionate, ass-busting colleagues
- We don’t do weekends (or many late nights)
We also recognize the critical difference today’s companies can (and must) make with regard to corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability. The values of conservation and efficiency have long been core to Plan B’s cultural and operational foundation, and are even more of a priority today in light of how much our world is changing.
In partnership, we work best with clients and vendors who share our passion for protecting the planet – companies whose operational and cultural priorities have shifted toward placing less value on GDP, and more value on GDH.
In practice, we are habitually seeking ways to do more with less, to reduce unnecessary waste and emissions, and to eagerly assist clients looking to promote their efforts to be responsible global citizens.
Plan B doesn’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please send a short cover letter, link to your portfolio and attached resume to email@example.com.
Local Chicago candidates only.
IF YOU ROCK, HERE’S HOW WE’LL ROLL …
You made the first cut! Now what?*
- First, we’ll email you a few additional qualifying questions (there are no wrong/right answers)
- Next, we’ll schedule you for a 30-minute Google Meet video call with some of our team
- If we think you’re the jam, we’ll have you take an online personality test (just to make sure you’re weird enough)
- And finally, an in-person interview with the Creative Team at the Plan B HQ, 116 W. Illinois St. #3W, Chicago (please be prepared to present a work case study)
(*We’re not looking to drag the process out! Our aim is to complete these steps within 10 working days.)