Do you have wide-ranging experience in all things digital marketing? Can you help win new business while leading a multi-disciplinary digital team in a highly agile, fast-paced environment? Then we want you.
What do you really want from your job? More than just a paycheck—right? Maybe you’re looking for a hands-on opportunity to lead digital marketing at one of the most storied boutique agencies in Chicago. To work with a team of developers, CRM experts, and social gurus. To support everything from holistic digital strategy development and the build-out of content management sites to eCommerce campaigns, online media buys, and analyzing the performance of digital campaigns. All at an agency where your overall sense of passion and purpose in life can really make a difference.
Maybe it’s time for Plan B, where “Exceptional is the Rule.”
Plan B is a progressive, full-service ad agency in River North with an opportunity for an accomplished Digital Marketing Director with 5+ years of holistic digital marketing experience, either within an agency or client-side. We need a cool-headed, uber-organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that can serve as both the internal and our client’s “go-to” strategic partner. And we need a leader to oversee a team that supports our account and creative departments with on-time and on-budget projects that consistently exceed expectations.
You should possess an innate curiosity to work on virtually any business or brand that walks through our door in need of their own “Plan B.” Sound like anyone you know?
We’re nimble by nature, and we’ve spoiled our clients by expediently producing world-class creative campaigns time after time. You’ll start by getting to know your in-house team across web development, CRM, and social. You’ll look for opportunities to coach, guide, and mentor each team member while filling in any gaps they have along the way. You’ll collaborate closely with senior agency management, but will ultimately be responsible for the outputs of this department.
What’s more, you’ll become the go-to expert for our clients, someone they can call on when they have a digital challenge, and someone we can trust to actively support our new business efforts. Advanced verbal, written and presentation communications skills are non-negotiable. You must be comfortable in front of C-suite audiences, adept at taking a supporting position, and skilled at writing digital marketing plans and creative briefs alike.
If you’re a savvy, diligent, and detail-oriented leader who is capable of balancing both digital strategy and daily execution, we want to talk to you.
This role reports directly to the Director of Client Services.
Before banging that “apply now” button, please review the requirements below to see if you qualify. Nothing says “I lack attention to detail” like applying for a job for which you are not qualified.
- Web Development and Management: Lead the development and maintenance of client sites. Review, audit responsive screen sizes on desktop/tablet/mobile, recommend/implement third-party CMS plugins, communicate with designer/developer creative concept functionality (such as on-click/hover actions and how concepts look/work on mobile).
- Digital Platform Strategy Evaluate and recommend content management, digital asset management, customer relationship management, mobile application, social media marketing, and other web and digital application platforms for clients
- E-Commerce Provide recommendations, strategic plans, and performance optimization suggestions for third-party e-commerce platforms (Amazon, Shopify, etc.)
- Web & Digital Campaign Analytics: Define campaign and digital asset goals and KPIs; build and manage KPI dashboards, analyze results and provide insights & recommendations on performance
- Technology Management and Systems Integration: Coordinate and lead the efforts of internal development and external IT teams for marketing and sales systems integration
- User Experience and Conversion Rate Optimization Analyze the performance of websites, landing pages, and other digital assets, with a focus on UI/UX best practices and enhancing the digital customer experience
- Digital Strategy: Collaborate with strategy/creative/account leads on the brand strategy and go deep on digital channels (web, social, e-mail, commerce), technology, and data-related facets
- New Business Support Support new business pitches, bringing insights to digital trends, surfacing opportunities for performance improvements, providing strategic thinking for digital tactics, and evangelizing best practices for digital marketing and media
- Search Engine Optimization and Paid Search Advertising Support onsite, technical SEO efforts on client sites and monitor organic search rankings and performance to provide benchmarking, and forecasting for SEO performance improvement
- Google Analytics / Tag Manager – working with CRM/development team to implement/organize/provide direction for new/current tags/triggers in Google Tag Manager to better track events on webpages (such as clicks, form submissions, page URLs while passing more detailed data flowing into Google Analytics)
- Department Lead Prioritize digital campaign and application work, set and inform clear expectations, and ensure a smooth project flow to meet deadlines and budgets
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of ad agency experience required
- Experience leading projects across the majority if the role accountabilities
- Extremely strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong ability to quickly switch between leading/strategizing and doing/executing
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to workflow, timeline and estimate development & managing account P/L
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through project/creative briefings and client presentations
- Excellent project management skills
- Team player and ability to work well under pressure
If you qualify for this opportunity and are looking to grow in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-performance environment with plenty of career potential, please fill out the form below.
Local Chicago candidates only.