Looking to turn the page on the flaming dumpster that was 2020? Get off to a decidedly fresher start in 2021 with Plan B. We’re eagerly ISO a print-savvy, digitally-proficient production manager to keep our agency engine purring. If you love the fast-paced ad world and have a passion for details, including an obsessive appreciation for creative production across media like print, digital, video, and more…let’s talk!
This vital agency role operates as creative production specialist, collaborating with creative and account teams to understand the production needs for a wide range of client and agency assignments. You’ll be challenged to think strategically about how to obtain the best possible outcomes––maximizing quality, minimizing cost, and meeting aggressive deadlines that may require squeezing valuable hours out of all parties involved…internal and external partners alike.
The ideal candidate will possess solid creative production skills and experience, knowledge of best practices in production, and a willingness/ability to push vendors and partners in holding them accountable. You’ll enjoy collaborating with multidisciplinary teams, solving problems on the fly, and skillfully managing concurrent projects with equal parts discipline, diligence, and optimism –– fearless in the face of ‘impossible.’ Yes, you’re tough when you need to be…never afraid to challenge an agency partner as a client advocate in holding them to the same high standards to which we hold ourselves.
- Collaborate with account and creative leads to meet client objectives on production-related assignments
- Manage the process of sourcing vendors, partners, and specialists to support the agency’s ongoing needs, understanding each vendor’s experience and strengths and considering project requirements and budget
- Expeditiously prepare production estimates based on briefing from account teams
- Drive production efficiencies by streamlining internal processes, without compromising quality
- Manage/monitor the purchase of external creative assets (stock imagery, music, video, plug-ins, etc.)
- Quickly obtain quotes from multiple vendors, triple bidding when possible, to afford a cost-benefit analysis and recommendation based on a project’s timeline and specifications
- Proactively negotiate the very best possible price/rate/cost on every project
- Joint estimate creative projects from a creative resourcing and production standpoint
- Review proofs before being approved
- Manage releasing of files for production and oversee pre- and post-production needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with various outside vendors
- Select vendors for production jobs and oversee signing-off of layouts, artwork, photography, prepress proofs and press proofs
- Attend press checks to ensure quality of creative pieces
- Actively mentor junior staff on production fundamentals to promote both their professional growth and the production efficacy of the department as a whole
- Stay current with best practices, trends and industry techniques to share ideas and knowledge with others to ensure creative team is functioning at a high level
- Display working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Digital Asset Management skills/experience a plus
- Production artist skills (versioning, resizing, clipping, etc.) a plus
Ready for a Plan B?
In exchange for your much-needed production stewardship, you’ll enjoy steering your career in a fun and flexible work environment that eagerly rewards resourcefulness, smart thinking, and hard work. We offer competitive benefits, generous paid time off, and a work-life balance that’s hard to find in our industry. Are you ready to grab the helm as our go-to creative production lynchpin?
Shoot a cover note, resume, and relevant samples to Bproductive2021@thisisplanb.com or fill out the form below.