Looking to turn the page on get off to a decidedly fresher start with a Plan B?
What do you really want from your job? More than just a paycheck—right? Maybe you want a hands-on opportunity to lead accounts and grow an account team, develop strong bonds with clients, create programs to acquire and retain customers, support client business initiatives, and to work alongside a ridiculously talented creative team. All at an agency where your overall sense of passion and purpose in life can really make a difference.
Maybe it’s time for Plan B, where “Exceptional is the Rule”.
We’re a progressive, full-service ad agency in River North with an opportunity for an Account Executive with 3+ years of creative agency experience. What our team needs now is a cool-headed, uber-organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that can serve as the client’s “go-to” partner, and oversee a team that delivers projects on-time and on-budget, consistently exceeding client expectations.
Our clients’ marketing needs are many and varied, so the right candidate will need to be resourceful as you interface with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. Advanced verbal, written and presentation communications skills are essential, as you must be comfortable in front of C-suite audiences, and adept at taking a supporting position. Your input will be required for development of strategic marketing plans and then, after plans are developed and presented to clients, you will be responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
Plan B is nimble by nature; we’ve spoiled our clients by expediently producing great creative work time after time, over-delivering and exceeding expectations every chance we get. If you’re a cool-headed, organized self-starter with a can-do attitude who’s ready to take the wheel as a client’s “go-to” partner, let’s talk!
Before banging that “apply now” button, please review the requirements below to see if you qualify. Nothing says, “I lack attention to detail” like applying for a job for which you are not qualified.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 3+ years of ad agency experience required
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Team player with excellent project management skills and works well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to workflow, timeline and estimate development.
- Prepares client invoices, proposals, and marketing communications.
- Regularly checks for and responds to all client communications.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; works with Finance Manager to ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Monitors competitive and multi-industry trends.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Brings tactical and strategic added-value to programs and accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Authors, edits and proofreads a full range of materials, including process documents, client correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, reports, etc.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Reliably manages day-to-day activities for several clients simultaneously.
- Develops strong relationships with senior client contacts and agency creative teams.
- Presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients.
- Proactively thinks about clients’ businesses to identify opportunities to add value and drive growth.
- Interest in and/or experience mentoring junior account team members a PLUS.
WHY PLAN B?
Plan B is never boring. We’ve managed to maintain a flat organizational structure, an agile development style and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, even after 20 years in business. We work with both Fortune 500 companies and the innovative startups who move culture forward — so the work is rewarding, relevant and dialed into the exciting ambience of our connected world.
As a highly strategic creative boutique, we understand how game-changing, category-killing creative work emerges from powerful insights that are properly driven through complex multi-channel executions by motivated account leaders like you. In return, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Highly-competitive Salary
- Equity/Profit-sharing Program
- Liberal PTO Program (including summer hours)
- Continuing Education Support Opportunities
- Full Health Benefits
- Limited Matching Contributions to Any Non-profit of Your Choice
- Decent coffee
- Smart, fun, passionate, ass-busting colleagues
- We don’t do weekends (or many late nights)
We also recognize the critical difference today’s companies can (and must) make with regard to corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability. The values of conservation and efficiency have long been core to Plan B’s cultural and operational foundation, and are even more a priority today in light of how much our world is changing.
In partnership, we work best with clients and vendors who share our passion for protecting the planet –– companies whose operational and cultural priorities have shifted toward placing less value on GDP, and more value on GDH.
In practice, we are habitually seeking ways to do more with less, to reduce unnecessary waste and emissions, and to eagerly assist clients looking to promote their efforts to be responsible global citizens.
If you qualify for this opportunity and are looking to grow in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-performance environment with plenty of career potential, please send a short cover letter and attached resume to email@example.com
Local Chicago candidates only.
At Plan B, we are champions for global responsibility, inclusion and progress. We strive to be a force for good—for our people, our clients, our industry, society, and the world. We keep our people at the center, creating opportunities for their professional development, and building a dynamic culture of growth and possibility. We don’t just accept difference – we seek and celebrate it. We’re committed to embedding diversity in our company mindset, our services, and our teams to empower an equitable and culturally progressive environment that makes us all better collaborators –– both with each other and the clients we serve.
Plan B doesn’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.