That’s another tax season over and done with. If you’re lucky, perhaps you’ve got a few dollars coming back to you. We’ve got 11 great ways for you to spend your tax refund. (And for those of you who aren’t getting anything back—or, worse, have to pay more—here’s a rundown of places offering deals in honor of tax week.)
11. You could save it, as most experts recommend. But how much fun is that?
10. Take a friend out for a nice dinner (or lunch, depending on the size of your refund).
8. Get a tattoo.
7. It’s spring. Everyone (including you) could use a cute new outfit.
6. If your refund wasn’t big enough to finance an entire outfit, get a new pair of sunglasses.
5. Now that we think about it, that phone is looking kind of 2011. Time for a new one. (You don’t even need a refund to take advantage of that.)
4. Refinance your mortgage. Believe it or not, a decent-sized refund can pay for the costs to help you take advantage of these low mortgage rates.
3. Or, if you’ve already taken advantage of the low rates, perhaps it’s time to do some of those home improvements you’ve been putting off.
2. Donate it. Most charities have been hurting as private donations dwindled during the recession. If there’s a pet cause you support, give them a little bonus (and get a head start on a deduction for next year).
1. What about a new car? (How big was your refund, anyway?)
Those are our thoughts. What are you planning to spend your refund on?